Website Wanzek Construction, Inc.
Wanzek Construction Inc. is an innovative group with the mission to be a leading company through our people, safety culture, years of experience and dedicated teams.
Wind experience preferred but not required.
Three Composites Technician positions available.
Hiring for immediate placement.
Amarillo, Texas preferred. Open to Palm Springs as well. No relocation necessary.
Responsible for daily operations, inspection, maintenance, and service of wind turbine blades. This position require 100% travel throughout the US; majority of work will be in CA and TX. This person must have a “safety first” attitude with an understanding of doing the job right the first time. SPRAT level 2 training preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Promote and comply with all Company and safety policies and procedures.
• Rigging access platforms, and man baskets for the repairs of rotor blades.
• Knowledge of composite repair material, resins, fiberglass, faring compounds etc.
• Ability to identify composite damages, and rotor blade location terminology for reporting possesses.
• Install, reinstall, repair, service, test and other required tasks to maintain wind turbine components.
• Ability to provide technical support to troubleshoot and repair basic and complex wind turbine related malfunctions.
• Ability to climb multiple wind towers on a daily basis.
• Ability to professionally interact with customers and coworkers on a daily basis.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum one (1) years’ experience working in and around wind turbine, specifically for blade inspection and composite repair preferred.
• SPRAT Level 2 Certification preferred
• Experience using basic power and hydraulic tools.
• Valid Driver’s Licenses
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders up to 125 meters in height.
• Certifications in rigging and signaling from a Nationally recognized organization is preferred, but not required.
• Able to maintain certifications required to perform the work, including but not limited to: First Aid / CPR, Tower Climb and Rescue, LOTO, Arc Flash, Confined Space Entry etc.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.