This 5-day course provides an exceptional overview of the essential knowledge of the materials, techniques and processes involved in the fast fabrication of composite molds and tools. Classroom theory is supported by demonstrations and “hands-on” projects involving molding processes using Fast-Cast Urethanes and epoxy based rapid tooling compounds. Included in this training will be an introduction to state-of-the-art re-useable molding equipment.
Topics covered in this 5-day course include:
- History, trends, and recent developments in composite materials, composite pattern and mold fabrication methods
- Science behind the theory, behind the practical uses of RPT tooling
- Mold design, the essential theory designing a composite pattern and mold design
- Detection & prevention of flaws and damage in composite molds
- Health and Safety; handling, safety practices, composite shop requirements
- Mold surfacing and repair techniques, procedures and quality assurance
- Material handling, required shop practices – environment, cutting, grinding, sanding etc.
- Hands-on RPT and Split-Mold shop building projects
Prior composites experience or training is not required.
FAA – Federal Aviation Administration acceptable towards Inspection Authorization IA Renewal Training