ICT – Information on Composite Technologies
Applicable to all industries, this dynamic 3-day course is well suited for Students, Business Owners, Career Seekers, Managers, and related Support Personnel with little or no prior composite knowledge. Trainees in this course will receive a comprehensive introduction to the broad applications and materials used in advanced composite technologies.
The ICT training program is uniquely applicable to anyone working in the fields of Automotive / Wind Energy / Marine / Aerospace / Aviation / Industrial FRP / Sporting Goods, or any application where composite materials are utilized.
This course will provide the trainee with the foundational knowledge necessary to objectively assess technical requirements specific to their composites operations.
Topics covered in this 3-day course include:
- An overview of composite materials and processes in composites manufacturing and structural repair
- Properties of Carbon, Aramid (Kevlar™) and Glass fiber materials
- Resin Systems – epoxy, polyester, vinyl ester, phenolics and pre-preg systems
- Core Materials – materials and applications for ‘sandwich’ structures
- Adhesives – selecting the best products for your applications
- Basic laminate design – understanding the essential theory behind the construction of a composite structure!
- Health & Safety Considerations for all personnel in composites operations
- Shop Practices & Quality Control methods
- Damage Assessment – NDI methods for detecting flaws in composites laminates
Prerequisites: Prior composites experience or training is not required.
FAA – Federal Aviation Administration acceptable towards Inspection Authorization (IA) Renewal Training.