Module 1 – Composite Materials, Fabrication and Damage Repair
From Green Energy technologies to the fabrication of commercial space flight vehicles, composite materials are finding applications in every industry. The ACT Module 1 is the most comprehensive hands-on composite materials technology course of its kind and is applicable across all industries. Designed for both beginner and experienced Technicians & Engineers alike, this is the foundational course for anyone interested in or already working within the composite materials industry.
See below for more information on what to expect from this information-packed course!
This course provides an exceptional overview of the essential knowledge of composite materials. The processes involved in fabrication & basic structural repair are explained in detail, with emphasis on specific material properties. Daily hands-on projects involve the use of Glass, Carbon, and Aramid (Kevlar™) fibers and epoxy resin systems.
Topics covered in this 5-day course include:
- Applications and recent developments in composite materials for the Automotive Marine / Wind Turbine / Aviation / Aerospace / Sports Equipment industries
- Composite Design and essential theory behind how composite structures function
- Detection of flaws and damage in composite structures using various NDI methods; Tap-Testing (mechanical impedance), Ultrasound, and Infrared Thermography
- Health & Safety; handling and disposing of substances, composite shop requirements for compliance with standard safety practices
- Structural Repair Techniques and Quality Assurance requirements
- Material Handling requirements; cutting, grinding, sanding
- Vacuum Bagging and curing processes for wet-layup fabrication & repair
Prerequisites: Prior composites experience or training is not required.
FAA – Federal Aviation Administration acceptable towards Inspection Authorization (IA) Renewal Training.
Still not sure if Module 1 is right for you? Contact Us to discuss your experience and learning goals and we’ll find the right course fit for you!